Tips for the Installation of Our Software on a Vista or Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 10 Computer
The installation and running of 3D Railroad Concept & Design requires that a CD be in your CD/DVD drive. If you purchase a download of the program, unpack the files and burn them to a CD. Place the CD in your drive and proceed to install the program.
Windows 10 may require you to run the program as administrator, right-click on the exe file and select to run as administrator. If you wish to have the program run automatically as administrator, follow any of these links and make the suggested adjustments to set it to run automatically as administrator:
If you get an error message telling you that UninstallShield is already running, and to close it down and then try running the setup.exe
file again, it means that you have your system set up for multiple users. Log in as the System Administrator and then run the setup.exe for the program that you're trying to install. This should eliminate the problem.
If a program doesn't quite work right in Vista. You can do the following:
- Go to the exec file of the program in its program directory.
- Right-click the file
- Click Properties
- Click the Compatibility tab
- Under "Compatibility mode" click the check box "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
- In the dropdown, select either Windows 98/Windows ME or Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
- Click the check the box at the bottom of the dialog under Privilege Level "Run the program as an administrator"