Ez-Architect 4/5/6/7/8 Upgrade to Version 9
NEW FEATURES for Version 9:
- Compatible with touch screens.
Can draw using finger or pen on Windows 8 Tablets, including Microsoft Surface models.
- New Interface
New interface with color and pattern palettes. Also can choose to display large palettes when using Windows 8 tablets or high resolution screens. This setting can be selected in the Prefences dialog.
- Compatible with high resolution screens
Problems with some dialogs not displaying correctly on high resolution screens fixed.
- New Library Window
New larger library window which displays multiple rows.
- Show Only Selected Objects
New "Show Only Selected Objects" in the Layout menu. Choosing this hides all objects which are not selected. This is useful for printing or exporting only specified parts of the drawing. Choose "Show all objects" in the Layout menu to display the entire drawing again.
- Object Alignment function
Four new items in the Arrange menu (Left Alignment, Right Alignment, Top Alignment and Bottom Alignment) allow arrangement of selected objects. First select the items you wish to arrange and then select the desired alignment option.
- Edit Pattern and Edit Color dialogs
These dialogs can now be displayed by double-clicking on items in the Pattern and Color palettes.
- Key Buttons
When Large palettes is set in the Preferences dialog, three Key Buttons display at the top right of the screen. These can be used in place of the keyboard keys when using a tablet. Tapping the Shift and Ctrl key buttons is the same as holding down the Shift and Ctrl keys. Tapping these buttons again releases the keys. Tapping the Delete key button deletes any selected objects. These keys do not work when clicked with a mouse. The Assist Key menu can be used in place of the key buttons.
- Incompatible with Windows XP
NEW FEATURES for version 8:
- Rotation of imported bitmaps
- All the toolbars can be floated and moved around.
- A new View menu that controls tool bar visibility and floating and unfloating tool bars
- A new item in the Preferences dialog sets iup whether tool bars float on start-up
- Updated manual
- Printing in landscape mode on A3 size paper has been improved
- Textures being added to objects can be rotated after selecting them
- You can now input text with one click, which will set a text area about 20 characters long and one line in depth; and you can still set a text area by dragging with the mouse as before
- A Door Tool—this new door tool allows you to cut doors in existing walls
- Object Properties dialog now lets you rotate textures
NEW FEATURES for version 7:
- Ability to add textures to objects
- Eyedropper Tool
- Ability to change order in which layers display (9 layers are available)
- Drag and Drop objects from the library
- Updated manual
- Solid dimension arrow option as well as hollow dimension arrow for dimension lines
- Fractional feet and inches and fractional inches problems fixed
- Area display fixed
- File import default fixed
- Object Properties dialog now lets you change the size of objects by percent
- A3-size paper printing fixed
- Drawing size fixed
- Registration simplified and fixed
NEW FEATURES for version 6:
- DXF file import and export (2D only)
- Continuous wall and hollow wall tools which support auto-dimension lines, constrained (0, 45, 90, 135, 180, 225, 270, 315 degrees) and unconstrained (any angle) angles; continuous hollow wall tool draws continuous, colored or patterned hollow walls AT ANY ANGLE that scale up and down fine while the continuous wall tool draws continuous, 3-pixel-wide walls AT ANY ANGLE
- Option to maintain height and width ratio when changing sizes in the Object Info dialog
- Can now import graphic files directly at their original size from the Import item in the File menu
- Updated manual
- Better wall scaling
NEW FEATURES for version 5:
- Four dozen colored patterns
- Auto-dimension lines for lines and rectangles
- Drawing method 2 mouse clicks without dragging has been added as an option along with conventional drag-and-click method
- Printable reports containing all objects, their name, sizes and angles
- Colors have been added to pattern editing and you may add your own permanently to the palette
- PDF file export
- wmf file export
- Fractional Inches and Fractional Feet and Inches can now be selected as Drawing Units
- Right click brings up Edit menu display
- Red lines in rulers that follow cursor
- Expanded Preferences dialog
- Preview feature in File Menu allows viewing unopened plans as thumbnails
- Program opens with all settings the same as last session
To do this upgrade, simply enter your email and your Ez-Architect version 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 key (also called pin code/serial number) that was emailed to you when you purchased Ez-Architect. Enter it in the box below and click the "Submit Ez-Architect key" button. You will get a whole new program and new key when you upgrade, and your old key will not work with the new version. To find your old key number, search for Ez-Architect content in the body of your emails. Don't know your key? Click here.
- In PocoMail, use Search in the Edit menu or Ctrl+F
- In Thunderbird, use Find in the Edit menu or Ctrl+Shift+F
- In Windows Mail, use Find in the Edit menu or Ctrl+Shift+F
- In Outlook, use Find (Ctrl+E) or Advanced Find (Ctrl+Shift+F) in the Tools menu
- If your email program isn’t listed here, you’ll find that most email programs have search functions. Use the search function to search the body of your saved email messages for Ez-Architect (do not forget the hyphen).
- Once your find the email that came from us, you’ll find your key.