Using Windows on your Mac with Boot Camp will give you the info you need to run Windows on a Mac with OS-X.We'll try to answer the OS-9 questions here.
Using OS 9 on an OS X Macintosh System
Apple’s OS X Systems require a little effort on your part to operate OS 9 programs. We’re certain you probably have other OS 9 programs you’d like to run on your OS 10 system. You can run ours if you install OS 9 on your OS X computer. Go HERE for OS X!
There are also some printing issues (depending on your printer) under OS X that we’ve addressed below.
Please Note. We support our software when it’s running on OS 9. We cannot provide support or further information regarding your installation of OS 9 on your OS X system. Please do not call or email for OS 9 installation assistance. If the links below do not provide the information that you need, or you are uncertain how to proceed, please see your Apple dealer or a trusted friend for assistance on adding OS 9 to your OS X system.
Using Windows on your Mac with Boot Camp will give you the info you need to run Windows on a Mac with OS-X.
We are not affiliated with the sites for which we’ve provided links below, nor do we take any responsibility for the information that you find at those sites or the results you experience in using that information.
Adding OS 9 to an OS X Macintosh System
Please follow these links to learn about adding OS 9 to your OS X Macintosh. You may find additional links on these pages that also may be of help to you.Important Tiger Info: How to Use a Tiger with Our Mac Software
Macintosh Software Printing Issues in OS X
We have used Design Your Own Home Architecture as the example for printing with our programs.
Date: 15-September 2003.
Q: I'm running Design Your Own Home Architecture in OS X Classic mode but I can't print my designs. Why? How do I fix this?
A. Some newer versions of OS X will not allow you to boot in OS 9. As you know, Design Your Own Home Architecture is not an OS X application. If you have this newer OS X system, when you start up your computer, the system does not set up any drivers for OS 9 applications. So, when you try to print, the system can't find a proper driver to your printer. (You've got the "why" of it.)
If you have an Apple or other Laser printer, you should not experience any problems, but if you do have problems, follow the instructions below.
How to fix this problem:
Since every printer is different and every printer's website will look different, we can only give you general instructions, but they should lead you to the right resolution.
1. Go to the website of your printer manufacturer and find the driver download pages for your specific printer.
2. Download the drivers that enable you to "print in 0S 9" or "in emulation mode." It is possible that you will need to download more than one driver.
3. After downloading the proper driver(s) install them according to the manufacturer's instructions.
4. Once the driver(s) are installed, start Architecture (or other theliquidateher program).
5. Click on the Apple menu from within the Architecture program and select your printer from the Chooser (If you haven't installed the correct drivers you won't see your printer in the Chooser. Try installing again or contact your printer manufacturer for instructions. We will not be able to assist you with your specific printer or its drivers.)
6. After you've selected your printer in the Chooser, you should be able to print your designs.